1. What is the Process to Reverse a Termination of employee?
You reverse a termination in order to make an employee active again. For this you follow the navigation mentioned below
Enter & Maintain->Others->End Employment
to open the ‘End employment’ form and click on ‘Reverse Termination’ button to undo the termination of an employee. As a result the person will become active employee again.
2. What is the Process to Rehire an ex-employee?
In order to rehire, you don’t need to reverse the termination, you will go to date at which you need to rehire an ex-employee. Find the person in Enter & Maintain screen and from ‘Action Type’ drop down on upper right corner of page, selection the ‘Employee’ option and click save, it will make the employee active again.
3. What is the difference between re-hire and reverse-termination?
In case of reverse termination, there is no gap between employee’s service history whereas when we re hire, it does not cancels the termination record so we can get the service gap in employee’s employment history.
Assignment Number and Employee Number are always same for an employee who joined first time e.g For an employee number 339, assignment number will be same as 339.
But when you rehire a person, Oracle adds a number in its assignment number e.g For an ex-employee 339, assignment number after rehire will become 339-2.
4. How we can create employee number in any specific format?
Through fast formula we can do. When we create business group, we configure the employee number generation method. Normally it is kept as automatic but if we want, we can select the Manual method and can write code in fast formula of the type ‘Person Number Generation’.
5. What are two profile option that we need to set to enable personalize Page link on self-service page?
Personalize Self-Service Defn Yes
FND: Diagnostics Yes
6. What is Report Busting?
Reports bursting offers you to deliver a single report to multiple destinations simultaneously. It offers you to create multiple reports out of one single report model.
For example, you can create just one employee report for all your departments and send an email with a PDF-attachment containing the report to each manager. Each report would contain only the relevant department information for that particular manager. Using the reports bursting functionality will reduce the overhead since you will only have a single data fetch and report format.
Normally this feature is used by payroll section to send the salary slips to every employee according to his current earning.
7. What are limitations of forms personalization when compared to CUSTOM.pll?
1. Can’t create record group queries, hence can’t implement LOV Query changes.
2. Can’t make things interactive, i.e. can’t have a message box that gives multiple choices for example Proceed or Stop etc.
8. How do you know if a specific Oracle patch has been applied in apps to your environment?
Use table ad_bugs, in which column bug_number is the patch number.
SELECT bug_number ,to_char(creation_date, ‘DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS’) dated FROM apps.ad_bugs WHERE bug_number = TRIM(’&bug_number’)
9. What are the mandatory parameters passed to the concurrent program ?
There are two mandatory parameters that need to be pased for all the procedures called
Note : The retcode has three values returned by the concurrent manager
1 Success with warning